RFID monitors warehouse dispatch
For a customer in the pharmaceutical sector, Aucxis developed a system for the efficient and accurate control of the goods that leave the warehouses for facility management.
- All items are equipped with a UHF RFID label.
- These RFID labels are attached to the items when they arrive at the warehouse; they contain both an RFID chip as well as a barcode, containing information such as item code and location. These labels are programmed and printed via an RFID printer automatically.
- Items that are taken out, have to be booked out and linked to the correct work order. This link is made automatically when the work order number is entered. At that moment, RFID scanners detect the concerned tags. Furthermore, the exit sliding door of the warehouse is equipped with RFID antennas as well. In case items come near the door which have not been booked out, the user will be informed through LED signalization.
- In order to take stock of the goods, Aucxis delivered its mobile Scan Buddy equipped with a scanning plate and a hand scanner, making manual counting redundant.
- Moreover, Aucxis developed the appropriate management software, which is responsible for the correct data exchange between the RFID database and the customer's WMS.